This online CEU course trains therapists and other professionals to become parenting experts in their communities. The training is based on the course Redirecting Children's Behavior which has been endorsed by pediatricians and mental health professionals nationwide. Participants will learn specific strategies on many areas of parenting including how to discipline without yelling, eliminate power struggles, handle sibling rivalry and develop conflict resolution skills. Also included in the course are:
- Strategies and research-based techniques for challenging behaviors that will help improve your clients' parenting skills and bring peace to their families
- Skills to become an expert in parenting in your community
- Information about how to market yourself and earn extra income by giving workshops and trainings to schools and other organizations
- A workbook chock full of helpful tools to share with your clients and use in your practice
- Training on three one night workshops that you can promote immediately including a power point presentation, instructors manual and handouts for the workshop "Setting Limits and Making Them Stick"
- Skills to become a dynamic speaker and educator!!
- 6 continuing education contact hours*
It is recommended that you purchase the coinciding book, Redirecting Children's Behavior by Kathryn Kvols at http://www.incaf.com
*This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886805317-3215) for 6 continuing education contact hours. Several states do not accept continuing education contact hours from NASW. Please confirm that your state board accepts continuing education contact hours from NASW.
“This course, Redirecting Children's Behavior Training for Therapists, Approval #190909- 433, provided by Jill B. Kaufman, is approved for continuing education by the New Jersey Social Work Continuing Education Approval Collaborative, which is administered by NASWNJ. CE Approval Collaborative Approval Period: October 21, 2019 through August 31, 2020. New Jersey social workers will receive 6 Clinical CE credits for participating in this course.”
Kathryn Kvols is the author of the parenting book course “Redirecting Children’s Behavior.” She has trained and certified over 1,000 parenting instructors in 18 countries. Her public speaking careers consists 20 years of experience in United States as well as Internationally. She is known for her ability to give people practical, easy to use tools to create more cooperation and connection within the family. She is passionate about giving children life skills that will create a more fulfilling adult life.
Kathryn is the mother of five children. She has been parent, a single parent and a step- parent which makes her a compassionate and experienced coach.
For more information visit her website at :http://www.incaf.com
Jill Barnett Kaufman is an experienced licensed therapist, a Certified Parent Educator and a Certified Divorce Mediator. She has a private practice in Princeton, New Jersey that is focused on divorce, co-parenting and couples counseling and taught parenting classes for over 20 years. Her style is warm, supportive, non-judgmental and motivating. She is the mother of three adult children and is committed to helping raise a generation of children who have high self-esteem and a well-developed sense of responsibility for themselves and their community.
For more information visit her website at: http://www.princetoncounselingandparentingcenter.com